Join us for an intensive 5-day intensive training program that provides EMDR therapists with training on combining Sand Therapy and the eight phases of EMDR therapy with children and adolescents. Through lecture, role play, and practicum, learn how to transform your practice by integrating Ana Gomez’s EMDR-Sand Therapy protocol.
This training covers in great depth the eight phases of EMDR-Sand therapy with children and adolescents which is founded and based on the AIP model and EMDR therapy procedures.
This is especially useful for children that present with dysregulation or constriction of the affective system and require greater distance from the traumatic material. In addition, children that use mechanisms of adaptation and survival such as avoidance, dissociation, control and idealization among others, can highly benefit from using EMDR therapy combined with sand therapy strategies.
Moreover, traumatized children present with trauma related phobias that can be successfully addressed in the sand tray. EMDR-Sand Therapy offers various levels of distance from the traumatic material: the actual memory of trauma where the self is present in the story, to the general story/world where the self is absent. A wonderful opportunity that sand therapy offers is the accessing of implicit and right hemisphere material through the use of stories and symbols. It is not necessary to have the formal training in sand therapy or Sand-play therapy.
EMDR-Sand Therapy has its own procedures and principles rooted within the AIP model and EMDR therapy procedural steps developed by Dr. Shapiro. A thorough hands on approach is used, as Ana Gomez will provide individualized support and guidance as you practice in small groups the use of EMDR-Sand Therapy procedures, strategies and protocols. Once you complete the program, you will receive a certificate given by the AGATE Institute and you will be in our website as a referral source.
The nine-hour online training and the intensive 40-hour retreat provide a combination of lecture, HOW TOs and hands on strategies, live demonstrations, role plays, therapy videos and supervised practice. This training will teach in depth and thoroughly how to use EMDR-Sand Therapy strategies and procedures. You will receive 9 hours of online training where you will first be guided to create your own sand tray miniature collection.
You will learn about the history as well as the difference between EMDR-Sand Therapy and other therapies that use sand. In addition, clinicians will learn basic principles of ego state theory, Internal Family Systems as well as the structural dissociation theory. A review of the AIP model and EMDR therapy procedural steps is also provided.
Following these 9 hours, you will attend an intensive-week long training where you can practice and receive feedback directly from Ana Gomez and her team of facilitators.
INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM:
9 hours of online training
40 hours of intensive-retreat training
All training materials
Light breakfast, snacks and refreshments served
- Case conceptualization skills to use with children and adolescents with complex clinical presentations that may require greater level of distance from the traumatic material.
- Basic Sand tray therapy procedures such as how to set up the sand tray, develop miniature collection, explore the child’s “world” etc.
- To set the various levels of distance offered by EMDR-Sand Therapy.
- How to develop resources during preparation phase using the sand tray including:
- Safe-calm-happy place
- Resource spots
- The little self-healing place
- To set up the assessment phase honouring the various levels of distance.
- To use the Interweave Systems Model (ISM) within EMDR-Sand Therapy such as:
- Interweaves directed to meet attachment needs
- Interweaves directed to complete truncated defence responses
- Interweaves directed to reclaim repressed and dissociated affective states
- Interweaves directed to modulate arousal
- How to work with the body while staying connected to the sand tray and the story
- Learn how to work with preverbal trauma
- To playfully do the installation phase and body scan using EMDR-Sand Therapy.
Videos, live demonstrations and lots of pictures of therapeutic work will be presented to give workshop attendees a very tangible and concrete experience
Morning: 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
Lunch: 12 pm to 1 pm
Afternoon: 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
9 hours of online training
40 hours of intensive-retreat training that includes 8 hours of case presentations
A total of 49 hours of training!
A total of 40 CEUs (EMDRIA CEUs). No credits are given for the 9 hours online.
Prerequisites: EMDR Basic Training Level 1 & 2
You can watch the archives on your own time. General CEC provided by the CE Classes.
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2019
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-174-1116 Expires 11-2020
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2019.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2019
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1941
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2019
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
Grievances and complaints are reviewed within 8 working days. If you have a formal grievance please do it in writing. Please expect a response within 10 working days.
40 EMDRIA CE Hours (pending): Ana M Gomez, MC, LPC is a provider approved by EMDRIA. EC Provider #07005. Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
Requirements: EMDR Basic Training Level 1 & 2
Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre
30 Carlton St, Toronto, ON M5B 2E9 (416) 977-6655
The Saint James Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection
26 Gerrard St E, Toronto, ON M5B 1G3 (416) 645-2200
Courtyard by Marriott Downtown
475 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M4Y 1X7 (416) 924-0611